This was a nice alternative to cranberry sauce....good veggies, light and health, and wonderful flavor!
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise if small or quartered if large
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup lightly toasted, peeled, chopped hazelnuts
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the Brussels sprouts with the oil, sprinkle with salt and a few grinds of pepper and toss again. Roast, stirring once or twice, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until nearly tender and browned.
- Add the dried cranberries, hazelnuts, and orange zest. Stir well and continue roasting for at least another 5 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are deep golden brown, crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve right away.