bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

September 12, 2010

A week in meals: Looking ahead...

In order to keep me from eating out (and because I'm going to be traveling in a few weeks and don't want to buy food that spoils), I'm thinking I need to plan my meals a week in advance, so here goes for the coming week.

Tonight and tomorrow are football nights, so I'm going easy:
Sunday: buffalo seitan (made my deep frying the seitan and then using the buffalo sauce recipe on the back of a bottle of Frank's sauce--using vegan "butter") & homemade fries!



Monday: Gardein "Crispy Tenders" and veggies

These things are so delicious, I don't even know how to begin talking about them!







Tuesday: lemon-pepper tofu (made by thinly slicing tofu, and pan seering with lemon-pepper seasoning--I sometimes press the tofu for a bit to get the water out, and then let soak in lemon juice for the day beforehand, and that too works for adding lots of lemon-flavor), rice-a-roni long grain and wild rice blend (made vegan), and veggies

Wednesday: I'm having a friend over for dinner, and because I know she misses Tex-Mex as much as me, I think I'm going to make some tacos, black beans, and rice. probably vegan, except for the ability to add cheese.

Thursday: pasta--yum! a little penne with oil and garlic sauce, with broccoli, maybe some vegan bread with garlic baked into it and a little bit of parsely baked on top! And, this is the perfect evening to start with an "appie" of olive tapenade!

Friday: hmmm......I need ideas?!

No comments:

Post a Comment