bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

January 6, 2011

Recipe Thursday--Lemon Garlic Broccoli

Is it "Recipe Thursday" yet?! I've been saving this one to send....one of my friends recently sent me the recipe, and it's D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! I love all things broccoli, all things garlic, and all things lemon juice----I figure I should just tell you this now because you'll figure it out eventually when I start posting a bunch of recipes that have one, two, or all three of those ingredients in them! :) Anyways, I wish I could share her source for this simple and divine side dish--maybe she made up the recipe herself--but alas I do not know from whence it came.

Hope you enjoy it!

----------------------
Lemon Garlic Broccoli

Ingredients:
1 head of broccoli
3 T butter (vegan margarine works perfectly)
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 T lemon juice
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste

Preparation:
Steam broccoli until tender but firm, about 5 to 7 minutes. Heat the butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat; add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the cooked broccoli, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste, cooking briefly to combine.


Serve this tasty dish with a tofu steak or "chick'n breast" and a side of lightly seasoned wild rice--let the lemon garlic broccoli be the highlight tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment