bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

March 14, 2012

On life and death

Lately, there's been a lot of loss...a lot. Too much, in fact.

But, with loss comes thought. Among my thoughts are memories recalled. Many are happy. No doubt some are less than happy. Many require that I fill in the gaps of memories. Also among my thoughts are preparations for my own life and death. Live happy. Live free. Live love. Live life. Die happy. Die free. And, preparations....after life and death.  Cremation or burial: cremation. Resting spot: wherever. Some of my happy places are: the resting place near Bonham where John and Elton (my grandfathers) are buried, Starview winery, my grandparents' old house on Hwy 82 in Bonham (across from the railroad tracks and, now, a prison), the adobe house in Lake Worth where we met Gary and adopted him into our little family, Springtown (just Springtown generally...I was happy there)....so many happy places, but ya have to be careful disposing of remains in public places!

*sigh* too much loss. too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment