bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

July 12, 2010

bourgeois gal

It's going to come up soon enough, so I'll just get it over with now...

Why the name "bourgeois gal?"

I don't know....I guess as of late, I've realized that I'm a little bourgeois. It's a reality I'm trying to face as a southern gal. I'm a little bit country...I'm a little bit rock and roll....I'm also a little bit high art and a little bit low art.



Such is life!

Today is the start of my advisor's summer class: Communication and Whiteness. Can't wait to get started--it's his area, his expertise, and I know it's gonna be awesome! In that, I suppose I ought to get ready!

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. you should hit me up with the reading list from that class at some point. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. can do, can do (oh, and I had to revise it from whiteness pedagogy to comm & whiteness)!

    ReplyDelete