bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

July 19, 2010

Vegan Peach "Ice Cream"

One of my friends sent me this recipe yesterday, so I thought I would share it today. Dr.Vegan and I do not have an ice cream maker, but it's on our wish list for after we are a little more settled into jobs at one location....basically, we feel like we have enough crud to move! :)

So, I hope it's as delicious (and easy to make) as it sounds!

Vegan Peach Ice Cream


1 cup raw cashews
3 cups diced fresh peaches
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch cardamom (optional)

Place cashews in blender and grind to powder. Add remaining ingredients and blend well, at least one minute. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight. Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.


Happy Monday. Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment