bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

July 17, 2010

Through the eyes...

So, instead of a wedding photographer, Dr.Vegan and I invested in a new digital SLR camera and co-opted one of our amazing friends to take pictures using it! Leading up to and since the big day, I've been playing with it, and I thought I would share some of my favorite photos... This is a view through the eyes...of a new camera!

She knew how to pose for the camera...

This is one of the last pictures taken of our Sammie...May 18, 2010. She doesn't look unhealthy, but less than a month later, she fell asleep. Though full grown, Sammie was always a tiny, tiny kitty! And, while her tortoise shell coloring brought on some serious attitude, we loved her nonetheless!





Dr.Vegan likes to read, and I like wine. Thus, this picture was taken at Kite Hill Vineyards in Southern Illinois, where we drank wine and read one afternoon...we're trying to make our way across the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail before Dr.Vegan heads back to the 'burgh this coming academic year. The thing I like about this picture is the depth and focus on the wine glasses.



A self-portrait. I believe this one was taken by a friend while we were at Rustle Hill Winery, again on the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail. It was a beautifully, warm and sunny day!





One final picture. This one was also taken at Kite Hill. I really like the reflection of the clouds and bushes off the water. The new camera picks up such beautiful detail--color, shading, light.





I love photography---maybe I should take a class!

Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment