bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

December 30, 2010

Party Planning Extraordinaire!

If I were planning a party, which I am not, here are a few "vegan" menu items I might include:

  • Fresh fruit & veggie tray
    • I know this one seems simply and perhaps silly, but let's face it: watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, carrots, olives, pickles, celery, and the like are delicious and are always a party hit!
  • Olive tapenade
  • BBQ tofu (maybe on a stick to make it a cleaner finger food)
    • recipe forthcoming
  • Buffalo seitan
    • ok, not finger food but it could be!
    • oh, and I suppose I can post the recipe here soon!
  • Cowboy cookies
    • from my favorite vegan cookie cookbook....I don't know about sharing the recipe--is that illegal?
  • "Crack cookies"
    • not my name, but named by my friends who insist there is crack in them. 
    • They are actually just chocolate drop cookies (or "no bake" cookies), but I make them vegan style!
    • recipe forthcoming
  • Edamame
    • so simple, salty, and tasty!
    • Here's a recipe---add some vegetarian parmesian cheese if that's your style!
  • Fresh spring rolls
    • difficult to make, perfect for the summer time when you can pick fresh mint leaves off the plant, and totally worth it
    • recipe forthcoming, with a spicy thai peanut sauce that is to-die-for!


What "vegetarian" or "vegan" style goodies might you try to have at a party for your guests?

No comments:

Post a Comment