bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

June 16, 2011

Recipe Thursday: "Butter"Cream Frosting

Last week I shared a recipe for a delicious lemon cake. This week, I'll share my veganized buttercream frosting recipe...I wish I could say it's a "never fail" kind of recipe, but well, sometimes, you gotta work with this one!

Ingredients:
1/4 c softened vegan margarine
2 1/4 c powdered sugar
2 T soy milk
1 t extract (lemon, peppermint, vanilla, whatevs!)

Mix margarine and powdered sugar in a bowl using a fork. When well-mixed, add 1 T of soy milk and mix. Then add 1 T of soy milk and mix. Mix to a thick, spreadable consistency (you want it to be able to hold it's position when you stop stirring, otherwise it will run when you spread it on the cake); if needed add more powdered sugar, 1 T at a time, to the desired consistency. When you're ready, add the extract of your choice and spread onto a COOL cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment