bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

May 27, 2011

Friend Friday: Shannon

I don't know how I could not write about my longest running friend, Shannon. Now, I've probably got this story all wrong, but in my telling of this story, Shannon and I have been friends since the day she was born. You see, she's a year younger than I, by 363 days (that's right), and since our folks have lived on the same street since she was born, I have to assume this is correct.

That said, we've been friends for (shhhh) 33 (almost 34) years! (happy early birthday, Shannon!)

Ok, so what I can I tell you about Shannon?
Well, she's sweet, always has been. She has three adorable children; though, in all honesty, I think I've only met one of them...that's a different story! She's great with kids! She's smart; she's working on her nursing degree these days, I believe. She's just generally swell...

She used to share her barbies with me...oh, we played barbies so very much! We swam together. We played in the yard together. We caught horn toads together in our yards. We road bikes. We roller skated. We had soooo much fun!

And, then one day, we grew apart...but not in that "I don't like you" way...nono, we grew apart in that "we don't live next door to each other" way. My parents went splitsy, and my dad continued to live across the road, so I only saw her every other weekend or so. And, as time went on, we went to different schools, hung out with different crowds, and blah blah blah. But, it doesn't change the fact that she's always been my first and dearest friend, and though we are very different (and, we are!), I know we're still buds! And, nowadays, we have the book of faces to keep in touch...

See, the book of faces is good for some things!!!

(Oh, and to show you how much I loved barbies...here's a picture of me!)


:)
C

No comments:

Post a Comment