bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

May 26, 2011

Recipe Thursday: BBQ Seitan

I think I mentioned early on that I'd share this recipe. It's super simple...

BBQ Seitan Sandwich

1 package seitan (as I've mentioned a million times before, I prefer Westsoy), chopped (you can also chop it in the pan with your spatula if you're good at that sort of thing) to your desired consistency (I like finely chopped)
BBQ sauce (I prefer KC Master piece)
buns, pickles, mustard, onions, etc. ("the fixins")

In a lightly oiled pan, cook seitan to desired consistency--I prefer to cook it to a little crispy because it adds to the texture. When prepared, add bbq sauce and let simmer until warm. When warm, spoon onto bun and top with preferred "fixins."

This recipe works really well in bulk too. We made it for some friends who were getting married and doing potluck style bbq, cooking up about 6-8 packages, and after it was prepared following the above directions, we tossed it into a crock pot to serve to our friends. It tasted awesome and held up great!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment