bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

April 15, 2011

Friend Friday: Olivia

Olivia is a former student, who I've been able to keep in touch with because of Facebook. She was in the first Speech Communication 101 course I taught at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. I don't know that there's much I can say about Olivia, without breaking some sort of FERPA law, but I can share a couple of my favorite non-school moments with you...

  • Going to McDonald's after class with Olivia and Bethany to get McMuffins (or some other b'fast delight!)
  • Running into her at Schnucks grocery one day, when she asked, "what are you doing here?" (this has always been one of my favorite student questions of me in public places....ya know, as if I don't also need to shop for groceries!)
  • Hearing her talk about her big sister, also a SIUC student
  • Visiting with her and Bethany in the hallways of the Pulliam building, before and after class

I hope she also has fond memories of our class and out-of-class time! She was one of the first students at SIUC to embrace me, and for that I am ever-humbled.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment