bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

February 18, 2011

Friend Friday: Gigi

It's hard to believe that we're already at the letter G....7 weeks into the new year! Gigi (a.k.a. Olivia Gessella Perez-Langley) is a Groovy Guatemalan (I bet you were wondering what G word I was gonna use this week!). She, like Andrea, is a former UNT alum, which for the record is a super-duper fabuloso terminal masters program in speech communication. But, this entry is about Gigi.

Gigi is like the groove in my heart. She's a Dallas Cowboys fan thru-and-thru. She is smart, she is funny, she's beautiful, understanding, and thoughtful in her communication with others. Her wit shines through in the simplest moments, and her laughter lights up a room. She's short and tough stuff. She's a talented, talented (yes, I said that twice intentionally) performer, who is really interested in fighting global injustices. She's a former UNT alum, both at the undergraduate and Masters level, and she is now a 2nd year PhD student at SIU in Speech Communication (with me, yay!). She's always willing to have a beverage with me, and she (and her partner) always have an open door to guests. She travels and is always open to an adventure. She digs the live music. She works hard, she plays hard.

Oh, and I kinda dig her.

No comments:

Post a Comment