bourgeois gal

the day to day life of me, the bourgeois gal. this blog is a space for me to write about my daily life, including my vegan and vegetarian cooking, baking, and dining experiences, the research I do, the travel I embark upon, and other random things in this little thing we call life.

January 11, 2011

A Shout Out to Fatty Cookbook

I was perusing my followed blogs this evening when I came to Fatty Cookbook. The author of this blog is a friend of a friend, and she's got mad skill in the kitchen. This is especially true, I think, if you're a meat eater. I am not, as you know, but I still subscribe because she has really fantastic ideas in the kitchen. That said, I thought I'd share her latest post with ya....


Tangy Brussels Sprouts
(I've copied/pasted, but PLEASE check out her blog!)
Based on a recipe from Real Simple magazine.

1lb Brussels sprouts
2 tbps ginger (I peeled a chunk of it in to matchsticks and chopped)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp brown sugar

Preheat oven to 325F. Stir together vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar until dissolved. Cut sprouts in half or quarters. Toss all ingredients together until sprouts are coated. Lay out on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until tender.

Serve with spicy chicken and red bell peppers!



(Aside from the "serve with spicy chicken" bit, I'm thinking this little side dish could be a great addition to dinner this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment